Planning your visit
We want to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible so, there are some safety measures that we will be continuing to recommend.
We will continue to monitor visitor numbers to ensure the museum doesn’t get too crowded.
To comply with government guidance you must wear a face covering in our museum / gallery shop area (as you enter and exit the building). We also recommend you wear a face covering throughout your visit to the museum / gallery.
Our staff and volunteers are on hand to help and answer any questions.
For more detailed information, please read the sections below.
Monday - Friday - 10:00 - 17:00
Saturday - 11:00 - 16:00 S
unday - CLOSED
Our cafe The Victorian Pantry is also open Monday - Saturday.
Visitor notice: We are closed 19 December - 9 January inclusive.
When you arrive
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
- To comply with government guidance you must wear a face covering in our museum / gallery shop area (as you enter and exit the building). We also recommend you wear a face covering throughout your visit to the museum / gallery.
- We will continue to display NHS QR code posters to make it easy for you to check-in to support Test and Trace. You will need to download the NHS app onto your mobile phone before you can scan the QR code. The app is available on Andriod's Google Play or Apple's App Store - search for NHS Covid-19.
During your visit
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. They will be wearing face coverings and we have screens at our till points.
- Our cafe is open serving hot and cold refreshments.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the venue.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas of the building and especially in areas of high contact.
Schools and voluntary educational groups
- If you are looking to make a school or college group booking please contact the Learning team firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
- In the best interests of protecting our visitors and staff we will continue to wear masks and would strongly recommend that our visitors wear a mask to minimise the risk of spreading Covid 19 and other cold and flu viruses whilst indoors in our building.
This remains a very difficult time for us. Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.
Donate today. Thank you.