Planning your visit
We want to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible so, there are some safety measures that we will be continuing to recommend.
We will continue to monitor visitor numbers to ensure the museum doesn’t get too crowded.
We recommend wearing a face covering inside the museum.
Our staff and volunteers are on hand to help and answer any questions.
Our opening hours remain unchanged:
Monday - Friday - 10:00 - 17:00
Saturday - 11:30 - 16:00
Sunday - CLOSED
Our cafe The Victorian Pantry is also open Monday - Saturday.
For more detailed information, please read the sections below.
Please note, on Monday 4 October, the Sheila from Shields, her cat and the rainbow exhibition will be closed to the public from 10am-12:30pm due to a school workshop taking place in the gallery.
When you arrive:
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
- We recommend wearing a face covering inside the museum.
- We will continue to display NHS QR code posters to make it easy for you to check-in to support Test and Trace. You will need to download the NHS app onto your mobile phone before you can scan the QR code. The app is available on Andriod's Google Play or Apple's App Store - search for NHS Covid-19.
During your visit:
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. They will be wearing face coverings and we have screens at our till points.
- Our cafe is open serving hot and cold refreshments.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the venue.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas of the building and especially in areas of high contact.
Schools and voluntary educational groups
- If you are looking to make a school or college group booking please contact the Learning team firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
This remains a very difficult time for us. Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.